Now we all know it’s great fun to come and see a pantomime but for some of our younger audience members we like to give parents a heads up about anything we think they might need to know about in advance.
We’d say that the panto is suitable for ages 4+ (younger children are welcome but that’s up to parents, and if you have to leave the hall with your child you might not be immediately granted access back in until it’s safe to do so).
1. The Wicked Witch of the West… she’s pretty wicked. If you’ve seen the film you’ll know she’s not a fan of Dorothy and she’s really determined to get those ruby slippers. Our Wicked Witch has an evil laugh and a very loud voice and she’s generally a very angry and nasty character – best keep out of her way, but please know she’ll get what’s coming to her by the end of the show.
2. The Wizard of Oz… he’s actually a really nice chap, it’s just some of the bells and whistles he uses to make him seem more Wizardly can be a bit loud and eerie.
3. The ghost…. a munchkin who got lost in the forest. Our ghost seems very scary to the people on stage but is really just a cheeky chap having some fun with the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion – nothing to worry about there.
4. Bangs and pops – our panto contains pyrotechnics, so expect a few mini fireworks on stage which might be quite loud when they go off (if you want more info we’ll be able to provide details of when the pyros happen a little closer to the performances)
5. Smoke and strobe – we use stage smoke (haze), it doesn’t make you cough and it’s safe for audience and cast. Rest assured we’re not on fire! There will be strobe lighting effects in the show – more details are available if required, just get in touch.
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like more information about the content of our show before you make a booking.